Friday, June 28, 2013

Graceland and other racists

Two stories from today...

We went to see Graceland today. Fantastic. But, because we had Albert we couldn't go on any tours. So we walked around a bit. Mo took Albert for walk near the gate out front. There was an awesome Elvis impersonator there who got a little miffed at Mo. This guy probably trekked a thousand mile pilgrimage to the Elvis shrine only to watch Albert piss on it. BAD DOG! NO! No peeing on Graceland.

The second story...

I said as we crossed from New Mexico into Texas that I was interested to see if i was going to hear some overt racism. Took a couple days but I got it. At a rest stop this kindly old couple in there 80s were stopped next to us. They had Virginia plates so I asked "What should we do up there in VA?" They said "Go up to DC and find out what the hell our tax dollars are working towards. We used to live up there but there are too many foreigners." I fibbed, "That's interesting. We're both foreigners From Canada. We should Fit right in." "Oh, not those kinda foreigners. You know the kind I mean."

No comments:

Post a Comment