Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 24: Louvre



Back by popular demand... Mo! (You'll have to excuse me I'm not at my best, I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I've left).. (for any Canadians that understand the referance... ) We left the left 1 month ago today!

So, I'm really not good at the blogging thing but here is a pic of Jon and I at the Louvre in front of my final art history exam (which I aced)!  1 point for anyone who can anyone identify that painting.  2 points if you can interpret its significance.

Spent the morning at la Louvre and although we could have spent the rest of the week there, our feet and backs gave out and we opted for a long drawn out cheese and wine afternoon on a patio.  The rest if the day followed with a similar hectic schedual of sitting in a park (Jardine de Luxemburg), eating gelato and wandering through streets around the Latin Quarter (we did see the Pantheon through our wanders).

Got back to the hotel and upgraded our room to one with a balcony so we opened up another bottle of wine and enjoyed the evening. We did manage to have another drink at another patio this evening before finishing another bottle of wine on the balcony looking over Montmartre while we tried to look into what to do with ourselves for the next month. Jon managed to rent a car for a good price for the next 2.5 weeks, so off we go tomorrow!

Tomorrow: Versaille

The pic: let's here your guesses.

2 comments:

  1. This painting is by Johannes Vermeer, the famous Dutch artist, 1632–1675, and is entitled "The Astronomer", painted in 1668. Oil on canvas. It's significance? Well, I'm not sure.

    Well, what do I win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Mo, no clue. Anybody try to throw something at a painting while you were there?!

    ReplyDelete